Monday, June 25, 2018

July 2018 Snake Oil/Dharma: Visions of Tomorrow Today


July 2018 Snake Oil 
Dharma: Visions of tomorrow today

As much as I was fairly comfortable with the home, family, and where I was born, I knew at a young age that I would move away. There were signs and directional arrows that pointed to a future move. I lived in the same Long Island home, in a middle class neighborhood until I got my first apartment. I moved to Arizona when I was twenty five. At the age of twenty-one I got my first apartment with a buddy and then I shared a rented house with another friend for a few years before I decided to move west. It was clear to me early on that the task of finding a way to make enough money to buy a home on the Island and live comfortably was not going to be an easy one. While you could make more money than in most other states, the costs to live in New York were extremely high. I had great friends and a mostly supportive family, but I really got the push to leave it all behind when I was around 23. I was a few years into my studies of metaphysics and I had read books about Sedona, Arizona and began to think that was the place for me. While I had never been to Arizona or California, or really even knew anyone who lived on the west coast, it seemed to me that it was simply a better spot for my growing spiritual interests. I was tired of the cold, snowy and wet winters, and the pull to move became increasingly stronger. 

While I intuitively knew I would move, I needed to see how it physically felt to be in the west. I made the decision to travel to Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Sedona during the same trip in early February of 1989. I landed in Phoenix, and got off the plane to experience an extremely well received 75 degrees. I instantly fell in love and felt like I had come home. It felt like things were clicking into place. My excitement around the potential move was stronger than any fear I may have had. California and Sedona were awesome but also really expensive. So Phoenix was my destination of choice. My first apartment was $349 a month, and it was a really nice one! I made the move in late 1990.

There were all kinds of practical details that went into my decision to move, yet it was the metaphysical ones that were the most pivotal. Even when I was young there were many different signs that I would move west. I really loved the Mary Tyler Moore show and specifically the theme song in the seventies. The whole idea of going to another city and starting over intrigued me. 

“How will you make it on your own? This world is awfully big, and girl this time you’re all alone. But it’s time you started living. It’s time you let someone else do some giving. Love is all around no need to waste it. You can have a town, why don’t you take it. You might just make it after all...” 

Replace the “girl” for “boy” in the song and I knew that this was something that I was destined to do when I was old enough. Mary went somewhere really cold, Minneapolis - I wanted to go where it was warm! Playing in the snow and aspects of winter were fun when I was younger, yet when I became an adult, snow was mostly a pain in the ass. I absolutely loved the spring, summer, and fall when the weather was warmer to even hot. I was happy and less pessimistic when it was sunny and warm. One of my favorite songs as a child was California Dreaming by the Mama’s and the Papa’s. California and the west coast in general was where it was sunny, and people seemed to be pretty, buff, and happy. It was scary to consider leaving everything I knew behind, along with all the securities and comforts of my home. Still, I also knew that I needed to really find out who I was, without the chains of my past holding me back. I needed to start fresh and take risks in order to mature. I knew that the metaphysical path was calling me, and the west just seemed like the place I needed to be to find what my path was going to be all about. Coming to Phoenix and being only two hours away from-what I thought to be the most metaphysical town in the U.S. (Sedona) was just too hard to resist for my mid twenties self.

Dharma is our direction karma. While we always have free will and make choices about what we do, we also come into our lives with blueprints or maps of probable directions we will likely move toward. This is what our dharma is. We can often see much of our dharma in our Astrology charts, Numerology charts, and with other types of oracles. This is why I decided to develop expertise with these tools; to understand my unique path and to help people understand theirs. I had many other glimpses of aspects of my dharma throughout my life. When I was 13 I had a vivid lucid dream of a library. I began to pull books off the shelves because there were a lot of them! I saw dozens of books that were written by Jim Ventura. I knew I would become a writer someday. When I was a kid, I used to enjoy recording pretend radio shows with my friends on cassette tapes. In my early forties I started doing my weekly radio show. For the most part, everything I have always enjoyed doing, especially the things I thought of as “play” have become successful aspects of my work. On countless occasions I have felt that familiar click when I could see how I had been led to doing what was now falling into place. I thankfully have always been blessed with an ability to see “signs.”

Even if you don’t feel like you ever had enough prophetic signs or any visions in your past, there are other ways to see one’s dharma. Going on a Vision Quest is a great way to get a clear view of where we are heading. All cultures have some version of this process. In Lakota tradition, a boy goes on a Vision Quest at puberty to find his identity, name, and direction. He isolates himself for four days and nights on top of a hill without food and water. The site is isolated and protected by a Medicine Man. We don’t have to do something this extreme to benefit from a Vision Quest. Short vacations and retreats into nature will often help open our “eyes.” Even with brief visits, nature seems to amplify our intuitive vision and help to release the blocks that often interfere with our ability to hear our intuitive voices. 

The process of temporarily retreating from the noise of the world itself can help us get in touch with our dharma. We are surrounded by a steady stream of loud noise in this world. On top of this we are frequently bombarded by the noise of people telling us what we “should be doing.” All of this chatter can make hearing what our intuitive self is saying harder to hear. I had one of the most profound and clear views of my life while sitting on the edge of the Grand Canyon in 1990. I saw vivid details about my near future and was clearly able to see the problems that were blocking my way. I was struggling with some major issues at that time and the vision wasn’t an easy one. I needed that clarity and it helped me to let go of a number of blockades including an extremely abusive relationship I was involved in. Prophetic visions and new creative ideas often come when I am on vacations. I frequently get insight about where I am heading in my future while on drives to Las Vegas! Some of my best writing, videos, and other creative ideas have come to me this way! You don’t have to be born with powerful intuitive and psychic abilities to benefit by tapping into your dharma. Like any other skill in life the ability to “see” can be developed with practice. There are many different ways to increase our ability to get direction about where our path is heading, but a Vision Quest is something everyone can benefit from.
Jim Ventura 1-2014

Editors Note:

This column originally ran in 2014. Funny thing is as much as Sedona was a draw when I first moved out here, I actually only get up there about every two or three years now. The city really grew and became a bit more commercialized, so it lost little of its magic. Still a wonderful place to visit but priorities change...
I have been getting very different visions and pulls to move in some other directions for the next decade of my life. One of the producers from The List actually suggested I host the last segment I did on the show and actually got a thumbs up for that from ABC! It was cheesy fun and here is a clip of it below. I think in different capacities (ideally in time it would be television writing but in front of the camera work for now is very fun) I will be doing more with television. I am not sure what that specifically looks like but I trust it will roll out exactly as its supposed to. Another reason I think it would be a good move for me is I think we will be seeing a recession in the next two years or three years after the questionable decision by Americans to give control of all three branches of the government to Republicans only. That will likely shift somewhat in 2019, but the damage from this and many of the things our 45th President has done will not be easily fixed. Getting involved in the entertainment field is a solid decision during economic down turns. It is a field that rarely dips and often becomes more needed during difficult times. 

I will only be doing about 10 columns each year beginning in late 2018 and into 2019. I have been doing this monthly column since 2003. You will see a page heading for August/September (as an example) when I end up skipping a month here and there. Between the added work I am doing with television now and being fairly busy with personal sessions I need to cut back on the amount of work it takes to get this column out each month. I would also like to go back to working on some books I began years ago and finally finish them! I also just simply don’t want to work a lot. At the age of 53 a 30 hour work week is about where I want to be.
I have a few regular clients who have opted out (for their own unique reasons) of my Regular Client Program this year so there are openings for getting into this valuable program. More information later in the newsletter. We are in the heart of the summer again. After 27 years now in Phoenix I am used to it and complain a lot less even though it still kinda sucks lol. Wishing everyone a happy July! Cheers, Jimmy V 


“Buddha was asked. ‘What have you gained from meditation?’ He replied, “Nothing!’ 
‘However. Buddha said, let me tell you what I lost:
Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Insecurity, Fear of Old Age and Death.”

New Client Special 2018:

January 1st 2018 thru July 31st, 2018 Special: New Client introductory offer
$10-15 off listed rates for your first 45 minute session, 70, or 90 minute session! Ask for the special when you email
Venturasag@yahoo.com to book. Debit and credit card payments get $10 off for 45-90 minute sessions. Local in-office clients can get an extra $5 off for cash or check payments for sessions. If you want to buy a new client a thoughtful gift of a session you can also take advantage of these rates!
My current rates (new clients can subtract the above discounts from these rates): 45 minute sessions $85. 70 minute sessions $110. 90 minute sessions $130. Sessions can be in-office or by phone.

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.” J. Robert Oppenheimer

Channeled corner. I read many, many books from different trance channelers in the 80s and 90s. Unfortunately many of them are now out of print, but I still have a huge collection and will share some of the best material I have collected over the years.

Safe Universe
“Each of you, to some extent or another, believe that the universe is not safe, and therefore you must set up defenses against it. The official one-line consciousness with which you are familiar says, the world is not safe. I cannot trust it. Nor can I trust the conditions of experience or the conditions of my own existence. Nor can I trust myself. I can look at a squirrel and rejoice, but I cannot look at myself and rejoice, for I am filled with inequity and I am, to some extent evil.

Seth spoke with rich irony here, looking from one person to another. I am not only evil as myself, but I come from a tainted and flawed race. My mother and my father were flawed before me and I send these tragic flaws into the future. Therefore, I must set up my defenses in whatever way I can, to protect myself in a universe that I cannot trust, and from a self that is evil and flawed.

Now, as long as you hold on to these beliefs, then you must indeed set up defenses. As long as you believe that you dwell in a universe that is a threat, you must defend yourself against it. As long as you believe that the self is flawed and that the race is doomed and evil, you must defend yourself against yourself. And how can you trust the voice of the psyche? When I say to you, be spontaneous, how dare you take that step? To be spontaneous would obviously give rise to all the lust, passion, murder, and hatred that to you is inherent in the human heart.

So you say, I try to be spontaneous, but how can I? I try to believe that I am good, but how can I be good when I come from a race that is evil? You try to say, the universe is safe, and then you watch the television news or read the newspaper and you say, what lie is this? How can the universe be safe when I read about wholesale murder war, trickery, and greed? How can I be myself, for if I am myself will I not unleash into the world only more of the horror I see about me? For surely human nature cannot change, and human nature is evil. Look already what evil it has worked upon the planet, then tell me Seth, be spontaneous! What do you ask of me, and how can I stand upon the authority of the psyche or tell myself I am good?

My last book, The Nature of Personal Reality, is a good book. It is a helpful book, and it is far trickier than you realize. It will lead you automatically, if you use it, out of the official line-of consciousness. You will begin to question not only your own private beliefs for your own purposes, but the nature of beliefs. And you will be led to discover other strands of consciousness.

The one-line stage of consciousness was necessary, but it contained within it it’s own impetus for development. It set up challenges that could not be solved at that stage, and that would automatically lead you to other kinds of awareness. Only when you sense these, can old contradictions make sense.

You need not say, the universe is safe, for at your present level, that will only enrage you. Say instead, I live in a safe universe, and so you shall. Those defenses you have set up will crumble for they will not be needed.”

One of Seth’s students asked Seth about his discomfort with the woman he is dating because she does not know of Seth’s ideas. Seth responds:

“Now there are people who are quite involved with my ideas who do not know my name. There are people quite content with their lot and they do not know my name. They know themselves. They are aware of the vitality of their beings and they do not need me to tell them that they are important. The flowers and cats and trees don’t need me to tell them they are important either, and there are many people who do not need me for the same reason.

These people recognize the vitality of their existence. They ignore the belief systems of their times. They are ancient children. They may not read philosophy, but they listen to the wind. They watch the behavior of the season... If you were satisfied with the nature of your existence, you would not be here. Those who are satisfied, do not need my voice. They find sufficient reinforcement from the dawn and the twilight.

They may build ditches or work in fields or factories. They do not need to listen to my voice because they listen to the voice of the oak trees and the birds, and the voices of their own beings. I am a poor imitation of the voices of your own psyches to which you do not listen. I will be unneeded, and gladly so, when you realize that the vitality and reinforcement and joy are your own, and rise from the fountain of your own beings; when you realize that you do not need me for protection, for there is nothing you need protect yourself against.”

Psychic Politics by Jane Roberts



Regular Client Program 

One of the best programs I have been doing for 18 years now is my Regular client program. The program is designed to benefit my clients at multiple levels. Clients who enroll in the program come in every three months for personal sessions (monthly sessions are also an option). This can also be done for out-of-area clients by phone. Session prices are discounted for Regular clients. Regulars also receive discounts on classes, books and CD’s. The focus of the program is on consistent work in developing your intuitive abilities, learning how to use the signs and signals that are all around us, and conquering fear-based programming permanently. We also get to do work with all the many different oracles I currently work with! My Regular client program has resulted in some tremendous spiritual evolution for hundreds of people over the years. Many of my Regulars have gone on to do spiritual counseling, or similar types of work and some are healing and guiding others personally and professionally. The progress I have seen over the years among the majority of my Regular clients has been phenomenal. It is wonderful to see the spiritual, physical, and emotional progress I have assisted in motivating. So many of my Regular clients have dramatically changed the way they now view life and are enjoying a more enlightened point of view. You too can join this program as well, just ask.
More about the Regular Client Program... This program was designed to create an easy, cost effective way for my clients to progress in their spiritual development. 
When we are consistent at attending to our body/mind/spirit, we naturally move through life with more harmony and greater joy. When our spiritual awareness is heightened and fine tuned we are often happier this helps us to enjoy all aspects of our lives, including occasional personal challenges because we see them as inevitably beneficial. We can truly assist the people around us. Human beings learn by example. Your intimate partnerships, friendships, family, and children benefit when you are in a good space.
The Regular Client Program makes it easier to prioritize keeping your spiritual, emotional and even physical “garden” free of weeds. In China, the professional soothsayer is a reverent and dignified calling.  It does not attract the sort of suspicion it does in the western world. In fact, in most eastern cultures, seeing an oracle reader is a sign of wisdom, success, and prestige. If you have an interest in increasing these attributes and working with a highly skilled navigational consultant then the Regular Client Program may be right for you.
My non-regular rates for 2007-2018:
Full session (70 minutes) $110.00. shorter session (45 minutes) $85.00. Extended session (90 minutes) $130.00.
Regular client discounted rates for 2014-2019:
Quarterly (every three months) Regulars:
Full 70 minute sessions $90.00 shorter sessions $65.00 Extended sessions $105.00
Monthly Regulars: 
Full 70 sessions $80.00 shorter sessions $55.00 Extended sessions $95.00
I also have an every other month option.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PREPAY 3 OR MORE SESSIONS YOU RECEIVE AN EVEN BIGGER DISCOUNT. 
(prepaid three quarterly sessions: (3) - 45 minute sessions $175. (3) -  70 minute sessions $240. (3) - 90 minute sessions $285.
(prepaid three monthly sessions: (3) - 45 minute sessions $150. (3) - 70 minute sessions $210. (3) - 90 minute sessions $250.
* Regular clients get to choose whether they will come in for a full, 45, or extended session. You may vary the length of each session each time you come in for your appointments, and still keep your discounted rates. 
* I will contact you a few weeks before your next appointment by email or phone for scheduling. If there is a need for a few weeks delay or to come in sooner or for an extra appointment this is also an option.
* Sessions can be used for all of the different readings I offer, transformation sessions, reality change sessions, or personalized instruction on how to read oracles yourself.
* Regular Clients can purchase gift certificates for sessions to give to friends and family at their discounted rates. Regulars also receive discounts on classes, CDS, and books.
* If at any point you decide to come in more often or less often, or even exit the program, simply let me know. I have worked with clients who have come monthly for two years, then switched to quarterly, etc... Clients who exit the program can still come in randomly for sessions, although they will be required to pay current non-regular rates.
When we are out of balance, and not attending to our spiritual sides we are more likely to: hold onto the past, feel anxious about the present, and fearful about the future. Oracle readings and navigational consultations help us keep clear of lower energies and bring us to a higher awareness in all areas of our lives. Developing our intuitive abilities increases our potential for happy relationships, excellent health, and keep us excited about wherever our lives are headed. The majority of my clients come in for a session once or twice a year or when a crisis triggers them. My Regular clients use the sessions as PREVENTIVE MEDICINE.
If you are interested in signing up for this program call or e mail me VenturaSag@yahoo.com   

“Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.” Buddha

Snake Oil Radio

Thursdays at 3:30 pm (there will be one live broadcast this month)
My next live broadcast of Snake Oil Radio will be Thursday, July 19th at 3:30 p.m. mountain time. Usually one or two Thursdays each month you can catch a new show. Each 45 minute show will expand on my current column’s subject matter. It will also offer an opportunity for you to call in live (or chat with other listeners in the chat room) with comments and your thoughts about the topic of discussion. If you miss the live show, you can catch any of my previously recorded shows on the web site’s archive. You can also catch Snake Oil Radio on I-tunes (download my pod-casts there).
To hear a live show, all you need to do is be at a computer and tuned into: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Jim-Ventura  You may also access it by going to the site and type “Snake Oil” into the search option. You can also go to the shows that are currently “On air” at that time and find me. The call in number is 646-200-3966 for questions and comments.

Here’s my contact information to make an appointment for a session, or information on current classes: Email: Venturasag@yahoo.com (best method for contact).
Phone calls: (602) 957-3035 text only: (602) 349-0746 

Information about the different sessions and types of readings and services, past Snake Oil columns, and how to order my books and audio CD’s can be found at my website: Http://JimVentura.com 

“Friend” me on Facebook to get other extra offers and in between column extras! Signing up for my fan page will get you even more extras and first shot at reading specials. Simply click on “like” on the fan page and you will automatically get my weekly updates. 

You also may want to check out my posts on Tumblr.com: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/snake-oil-blog

All sessions/readings for 2018 are: Full (70 minutes) $110.00; Shorter session (45 minutes) $85.00;  Extended session (90 minutes) $130.00 (two people can split an extended session back to back for $65.00 each, although no other discounts will apply).  Email me for information about my Regular Client Program for even bigger discounts on session prices with the added benefit of monthly or quarterly check-ins. 






No comments:

Post a Comment